Since counting macros I've been experimenting with foods and making them lighter/healthier. One thing I'm a sucker for is pancakes and waffles (carbs get in my belly!). I first saw the Kodiak pancake mix at Costco and was impressed by the high amount of protein in it. I decided to go ahead and buy it, later realizing that LOTS of macro recipes are now using Kodiak mix to substitute flour.
These pancakes are awesome because they're less than 300 CALORIES a serving! Which means you have lots of wiggle room of yummy toppings.
- 4 egg whites
- 4-5 ounces of banana (1-2 bananas depending on how big they are)
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Power Cakes Mix
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- Whip egg whites for about 2 minutes until they start getting foamy (this is what makes the pancakes so fluffy).
- Add bananas into mixer until completely mashed (about another 1-2 minutes)
- Add Kodiak mix, protein powder, and cacao powder. Mix until fully incorporated.
- I like small pancakes so I only pour about 1/8 cup onto the skillet for each pancake.
Makes approximately 12 small pancakes, 2 servings of 6.
- Calories - 279
- Fat - 2.5g
- Carbs - 34.6g
- Protein - 31.2g
I like to add Kodiak's Mountainberry Syrup which is SO delicious and half the calories of normal syrup (MUCH cheaper at Costco than Amazon). And then whatever toppings you want. Strawberries and mini chocolate chips are my jam. With all the toppings the entire meal pictured above was only 413 calories!
As always, let me know if you tried them!